Taking care of your teeth is an important part of your daily routine. When you have a beautiful and healthy smile, you feel more confident showing it. You should brush your teeth and rinse with mouth wash after every meal or at least twice a day. You should also floss every day. And make sure you get a check-up at the dentist every six months. Your dentist might have other suggestions, so many sure you take his or her advice. If you would like to learn more about your teeth, check out the following resources. You will learn about bad breath and how to fight it, what its like going to the dentist, how to fight plaque and what happens if you don't, what kinds of teeth there are, and so much more!
Tooth Care Articles
- Bad Breath This article from Kid's Heath will teach you about bad breath, what causes it, and how to prevent it.
- Going to the Dentist This article from Kid's Health will teach you about who the dentist is and what a dentist appointment is like.
- How Does Fluoride Work? This article from Kid's Health will explain what fluoride is and how it can protect your teeth.
- Smart Snacks for Healthy Teeth This website from the NIDCR will tell you all about eating healthy and which foods to stay away from to protect your tooth health.
- Taking Care of Your Teeth This article from Kid's Health will go over the importance of healthy teeth, what people did before toothpaste, and how to take care of your teeth.
- What's Spit? Do you ever wonder what spit is and why your mouth produces it? You can find out in this article by Kid's Health.
- Your Teeth This article from Kid's Health will explain the parts of a tooth, the different kinds of teeth, and how to keep your teeth in tip top shape.
- Neuroscience for Kids: The Tooth This article will teach you about the parts of the tooth and explain why it is able to feel sensations. There are also fun tooth facts. Did you know…?
- What's a Cavity? This article from Kid's Health will explain what a cavity is, how cavities happen, and what your dentist will do if you get one.
- Teeth This interactive website will discuss teeth, and what each type of tooth is used for. Then solve the fun puzzle and test your tooth knowledge.
- When Teeth Go Bad This site will explain bacteria to you and how to fight it.
- ADHA Kid's Stuff: Tooth Facts This site will explain what a Dental Hygienist is what they do.
- ADHA Kid's Stuff: FAQ Do you have a question about taking care of your teeth? Check and see if it is answered here? If it isn't, get your parent's permission and send the ADHA an email.
- ADHA Kid's Stuff: Do You Know Your Teeth? This article will introduce you to your teeth and help you become better acquainted.
Tooth Care Games and Activities
- To Tell the Tooth This is a fun game to help you learn about your teeth.
- Get Up and Brush Chart Print out this chart and fill it out every time you brush your teeth.
- Frogwart and the Tooth Fairies Do you love stories that begin, "Once Upon a Time"? Check out this fun fairy tale about the tooth fairies.
- Colgate Kid's Games and Activities Check out these awesome games for kids of all ages!
- BAM Smile Style Play this fun game all about keeping your smile white and bright.
- A Fun Eggsperiment This fun experiment from Crest will show you exactly why brushing is so important.
Do You Need Braces?
- The 411 on Braces Read this article about braces from Kidzworld.
- Colorful Braces Game Picking out the colored bands on your braces are a great way to express yourself. Practice here! (Click on a color in the Color Selections and then pick the placement in the Tooth Selections.)
- Braces This article from Kid's Health with help you understand the importance of braces, the types or braces, how they work, and what life is like when you have them.
Additional Resources for Teachers and Parents
- The Educator's Guide to Oral Health This oral health lesson plan from Crest is designed for first grade students.
- Caring for Kid's Teeth This parent's guide from Crest will teach parents how to help guide their children to oral health.
- Smile Smarts Oral Health Curriculum This curriculum from the American Dental Association is has various lesson plans for students in preschool through eighth-grade.