Almost everyone will encounter a tooth problem sooner or later. From childhood cavities and knocked-out teeth to yellow stains that come with age, your teeth are vulnerable to a host of injuries, structural problems, and diseases. The more you know about your teeth and the various problems that can affect them, the easier it will be to keep your smile bright, healthy, and pain-free for decades. Here are a few helpful tips for dealing with common dental care issues you or your family may face throughout life.
- Toothaches have many causes. When pain hits, rinse your mouth with warm water. Use dental floss to remove any food debris that might be caught between teeth, and take an over-the-counter pain reliever. See your dentist as soon as possible.
- Cavities are one of the most common teeth problems in children and adults. They happen when bacteria-laden plaque builds up and leads to destruction of tooth enamel. To prevent cavities, brush twice a day, floss daily, limit snacks, and keep your dental appointments.
- Impacted teeth are teeth that don’t grow in properly. They become stuck inside the jaw. Impaction is a common problem with wisdom teeth, and it can lead to pain, tooth decay, gum disease, and problems with neighboring teeth if left untreated. An impacted tooth can usually be removed by an affordable dentist or oral surgeon.
- Gum disease is a common problem that can lead to tooth loss. Symptoms include red, swollen, or bleeding gums. To avoid gum disease, maintain strict oral hygiene.
- Flossing difficulty often occurs when teeth are too close together. Flossing is an important part of dental care. If you can’t floss between your teeth easily, try using a thinner floss or a waxed variety. A dental pick or looped flosser may also help.
- Tooth grinding, or bruxism, can cause jaw and tooth problems over time. If you grind your teeth at night, ask your dentist about creating a custom mouth guard.
- Tooth stains may be treated with at-home kits or professional bleaching treatments.
- Tooth sensitivity can be caused by cavities, tooth injuries, and gum disease. See an affordable dentist to determine the cause and get relief.
- Chipped or cracked teeth are extremely common. The treatment varies depending on what part of the tooth is affected. In all cases of tooth injury, see your dentist as soon as possible.
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Florida, call Towncare Dental today at (855) 979-3502 or make an appointment.
Towncare Dental offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Florida. Our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Towncare Dental, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Towncare Dental.