We Are Open – Safety is Our Top Priority!
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
Posted on: January 31, 2016
Family Dental Exams – What to Expect
Regular visits to your affordable family dentistry clinic ensure that your healthy smile lasts a lifetime. If you’re like many people, you may find dentists to be a little intimidating, but gaining a better understanding of what happens during a dental exam can help ease your anxiety. The main goals of the exam are to determine the state of your oral health, assess your risk of dental disease, and provide both corrective and preventative treatments. More specific details about the typical dental exam are listed below.
Affordable Family Dentistry Clinic Visit: What’s on the Agenda
After completing a basic examination of your teeth and gums, your dentist may do some or all of the following tasks:
- Perform a variety of dental X-rays
- Discuss any current health problems you may have
- Record all of your current medications
- Discuss diet and lifestyle habits that may be affecting your oral health
- Check your jaw for bite problems
- Send you to a dental hygienist for a professional cleaning
- Examine prosthetic devices such as dentures or bridges
- Examine your mouth for signs of oral cancer
- Make dental impressions of your teeth to aid in treatment
- Demonstrate proper oral hygiene techniques
- Perform an advanced periodontal exam
- Discuss tooth replacement or advanced dental procedures if needed
- Formulate a treatment plan for any existing dental problems
- Recommend a follow-up visit
- Refer you to a specialist for advanced treatment if required
See for Yourself How Affordable Family Dentistry can Save your Smile
With great oral hygiene and regular visits to your family dental clinic, every generation of your family can enjoy confident, healthy smiles. To find dentists in your area, check online family dental listings, or contact your local dental health organizations or dental schools for more information.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Florida, call Towncare Dental today at or make an appointment.
Towncare Dental offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Florida. Our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Towncare Dental, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Towncare Dental.