We are open - safety is our top priority!
Don’t let tooth gaps or a complete loss of teeth make your smile a distant memory. New advances in the field of dental implants and dentures are benefiting your smile and overall well-being.
We aren’t talking about one implant for each tooth missing in your mouth. One of our dentists can give you a complete set of replacement teeth that attaches to two, four, or six well-placed implants that would give you a permanent solution to tooth loss. This innovative treatment is called an implant-supported denture or an implant-supported bridge.
To find out if a permanent denture is an answer for you, call Dental Center at Aventura today at (305) 921-0539. After your appointment, your questions will be answered:
- Am I a good candidate for a permanent denture?
- How long will it take to get your new teeth?
- Will this fit into my budget?
What is the Difference Between a Removable Denture and an Implant-Supported Denture?
A standard denture is a row of false teeth attached to a base that rests on top of your gums. The muscles in your mouth, combined with over-the-counter denture adhesive, help keep the dentures in place. Unfortunately, they can slip out of place during eating, laughing or singing, if you open your mouth wide. They also need to be cleaned every night, usually in a glass of cleaning solution.
A permanent implant denture allows you begin every day with a great smile. Our dentist in Aventura will recommend placing two to six dental implants in your jawbone where they will fuse with the bone to create a stable base. The row of artificial teeth will latch to the dental implants, giving you a set of natural-looking teeth that won’t slip or slide or need to be put into a glass at night.
What Are the Benefits of Implant-Supported Dentures?
On your first visit, our team at Dental Center at Aventura will be eager to discuss the benefits of getting an implant-supported denture. Here are a few of the reasons why people are choosing permanent dentures:
- They give you teeth 24-hours-a-day.
- An implant-supported top denture doesn’t need a piece along the roof of the mouth like a removable top denture does. That piece can interfere with taste or speech.
- Implants provide denture stabilization.
- They eliminate the need for messy denture adhesive.
- They’re not removable, so there’s no risk of dropping and damaging them.
- The implants prevent bone loss because they act as natural tooth roots.
- Your face benefits because with less bone loss, there’s less premature wrinkling around your mouth, giving you a more youthful appearance.
- You will not be self-conscious while eating, laughing or singing.
Of course, the biggest advantage of permanent dentures is the boost to your self-confidence, plus a brilliant smile.
What Are the Different Types of Implant-Supported Dentures?
There are two types of implant-supported dentures, which are also called overdentures, because the denture locks over the implants. The first type of overdenture is a “permanent” denture as it permanently fastens to the dental implant and cannot be removed.
The removable overdenture can be connected and disconnected from the implants, which remain permanently embedded in the jawbone. The denture portion is removed for cleaning. Our implant dentist will be happy to discuss which is the best type of implant-supported denture for you.
Schedule a Consultation with our Implant Dentist Today
If you’re looking a permanent solution to a slip ‘n slide denture, call our implant dentist in Aventura today. More than 23 million Americans are wrestling with the decision of dentures or an implant-supported denture.
Call our office today at (305) 921-0539 to schedule a consultation with one of our dentists. Our staff is eager to restore your smile, help you sing with gusto and eat without fear.