We are open - safety is our top priority!
If your smile is less than you want it to be, advances in dental implants and dentures can repair it and, in turn, restore your self-esteem.
Whether you are gap-toothed or in need of a full set of new teeth, our experienced dentists at [GEIOD] have innovative ways to help, including using implants as an anchor for a row of replacement teeth. The technique is called an implant-supported denture or an implant-supported bridge.
To determine if this dental innovation is a good fit for you, call Towncare Dental of Ft. Myers today at (239) 243-9238 for a consultation. During your appointment, we’ll answer your questions including:
- Will an implant-supported denture be right for me?
- How long will it take for my new smile to emerge?
- What are the options for this treatment to be accommodated by my budget?
What is the Difference Between a Removable Denture and an Implant-Supported Denture?
The traditional denture of our grandparents’ era is a row of artificial teeth affixed to a base that sits atop the gums. It stays in place with denture adhesive and the muscles of your mouth, which works but can be messy and awkward. Occasionally, dentures can slip out of place when you open your mouth wide while eating, laughing or singing. And until you’ve grown accustomed to them, dentures may briefly affect the way you pronounce some words. And the denture also must be removed daily for cleaning and an overnight soak. Anytime you remove a denture, there’s the risk of dropping and damaging it.
These inconveniences are not part of an implant-supported denture experience – the denture is fixed permanently in your mouth and you brush twice a day, just like natural teeth. Our dentist in Fort Myers will find the best placement for two-to-six dental implants into the jawbone where they fuse with your bone to provide a stable base. A denture then will attach permanently to the implant, giving you a natural-looking smile.
What Are the Benefits of Implant-Supported Dentures?
At your first appointment, our team at Towncare Dental of Ft. Myers will discuss the advantages of an implant-supported denture. Here are a few reasons that may help in making your decision:
- Since it is permanent, you can eat your favorite foods.
- It will likely be more comfortable because an implant-supported top denture does not have a piece that fits along the roof of the mouth like a removable denture does.
- No slippage! Implants provide denture stabilization.
- No need to buy or apply denture adhesive.
- There’s no risk the implant-supported denture will be dropped.
- Dental implants act like natural tooth roots, preventing bone and gum recession.
- Since the implants keep the shape of the jaw the same, you will likely experience less premature wrinkling around your mouth.
- With implant-supported dentures you can eat, speak, and sing – with gusto!
The ultimate bonus is that implant dentures will bring back your smile and boost your self-esteem and self-confidence.
What Are the Different Types of Implant-Supported Dentures?
There are two types of implant-supported dentures, also known as overdentures.
- The permanent overdenture works just as it name implies — it permanently fastens to the dental implants, remaining in your mouth and treated and brushed like natural teeth.
- A second type of overdenture is removable. While the dental implants are permanently embedded into your jawbone, the denture itself can be unfastened and taken out each night for cleaning.
Schedule a Consultation with our Implant Dentist Today
If you are among the 23 million American missing some or all of their top or bottom teeth, we can help. Call our implant dentist in Fort Myers today at (239) 243-9238 to begin your journey to a bright, wide smile.