We are open - safety is our top priority!
Have you become the master of the closed-mouth smile because of tooth loss and embarrassment? You may be the perfect candidate for new innovations in dentures and dental implants that can make that smile go beautifully wide.
Dental implants, usually known for replacing one tooth at a time, are now becoming anchors for a row of replacement teeth.
One of our skilled dentists can provide you with a set of replacement teeth that attaches to two, four, or six well-placed implants. This smile-restoring treatment is called an implant-supported denture or an implant-supported bridge.
To determine if a permanent denture is perfect for you, call Towncare Dental of London Square today at (305) 851-6464. After your consultation, you will know:
- If you are a good candidate for a permanent denture
- How long it will take to restore your smile
- How this treatment can fit into your budget
What is the Difference Between a Removable Denture and an Implant-Supported Denture?
A standard denture is a row of false teeth attached to a base that rests on top of your gums. The muscles in your mouth and face work to help keep the dentures in place; over-the-counter denture adhesive can also be used. Unfortunately, removable dentures can slip out of place during eating, laughing or singing, if you open your mouth wide. They also need to be cleaned every night, usually in a glass of cleaning solution.
A permanent implant denture allow you begin every day with a great smile. Your denture stays in the mouth 24-hours-a-day. Our dentist in West Kendall will recommend placing two to six dental implants in your jawbone where they will fuse with the bone to create a stable base. A denture will latch to the dental implants, giving you a set of natural-looking teeth that won’t slip or slide or need to be put into a glass.
What Are the Benefits of Implant-Supported Dentures?
On your first visit, our team at Towncare Dental of London Square will be eager to discuss the benefits of getting an implant-supported denture. Here are a few of the reasons why people are choosing permanent dentures:
- Like natural teeth, they will remain in your mouth.
- Unlike a traditional denture, an implant-supported top denture doesn’t need a piece along the roof of the mouth which sometimes feels awkward or uncomfortable
- Implant-supported dentures stay in place and provide denture stabilization.
- No need for messy denture adhesive.
- There’s no risk of dropping and damaging them.
- The implants prevent bone loss because they act as natural tooth roots.
- Your face benefits because with less bone loss, there’s less premature wrinkling around your mouth.
- You don’t need to worry about the denture slipping while eating, laughing or singing.
Of course, the biggest advantage of permanent dentures is the boost to your self-confidence!
What Are the Different Types of Implant-Supported Dentures?
There are two types of implant-supported dentures, also called overdentures, because the denture locks over the implants. The first type of overdenture is “permanent” as it fastens to the dental implants and cannot be removed.
The removable overdenture can be connected and disconnected from the implants, which remain permanently embedded in the jawbone. The denture portion is removed for cleaning and this option for some may be more affordable.
Schedule a Consultation with our Implant Dentist Today
More than 23 million Americans have lost a row of teeth. If you’re looking a permanent solution rather than a possible slip ‘n’ slide denture, call (305) 851-6464 in West Kendall to set up a consultation with our implant specialist..
Call our office at (305) 851-6464 to schedule a consultation with one of our dentists. Our staff is eager to restore your smile, help you sing with gusto and eat without fear.